Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Redeeming Home!  This is a place where I want to collect and share ideas with other women on making our home a place of rest, comfort and love to our families.

I'm Katie, a daughter of the King, wife to a wonderful husband and mommy to a precious 1 year old named Addie.  I've been married to the Hubs for 5.5 years and have been an at home wife for the last 2 years.  I enjoy all aspects of home decorating and love having friends and family over.


My home is far from perfect.  You will find cobwebs and clutter but I'm striving everyday to make it a place my family wants to be and hope (with a little help from you!) we can achieve this together in our homes.


Here are some of my favorite books on homemaking and Biblical womanhood:

The Home Experience by Devi Titus
I had the pleasure of hearing Devi speak at the True Woman conference and it was such a blessing to me!  This woman has a heart for her home.  She opened my eyes to a new way of approaching homemaking and hospitality.









Organizing for Life by Sandra Felton
I don't know where to begin to tell you how much I love this book.  I've bought so many 'clear the clutter' type books and tried to implement a hundred different systems for cleaning and organizing and none of them seemed to work for me.  This book taught me why!  I wanted to cry when I read it because I was so relieved to know I'm not alone in this struggle!










Life Management for Busy Women by Elizabeth George
A wonderful book (like most books by Elizabeth George) on living out our calling as Christian wives and mothers and practical tips for how to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment